Maven Metals is a monthly newsletter that is dedicated to the generalist investor who wants low risk leverage to a rising metals market.
If you see risks rising and returns sliding in the broad markets and want to proactively position your portfolio to profit in these later stages of a global economic expansion and long bull market run, metals are the sector for you.
Metals offer rare value and upside right now. To maximize this investment opportunity, you need an expert on your side.
Why Maven Metals?
- Metals reliably outperform the market in the late phases of economic expansion – demand simply outstrips supply
- In a highly valued stock market with rising volatility and risk, metals & mining stocks offer rare fundamental value and upside
- The energy metals movement is further fuelling this opportunity – from copper to cobalt, the world is very short of the metals essential to electrification
- The metals argument is simple: global growth + rising inflation + insufficient metal supply = mining stocks are set to soar. And their outperformance will be all the more impressive against a broad stock market where returns are diminishing and risks rising
- Metals are complicated. Which metal and why? When? Which kind of company – explorer, producer, royalty player? What risks? And finally, what should I actually own? Maven Metals is designed to provide those answers, from a sector expert who explains the situation and outlines what she is doing with her own money
- Maven Metals provides guidance and insight to the generalist investor interested in metals – why metals offer opportunity and how to invest in the sector.
- Each month the letter (1) tackles a useful topic in metals investing (What is the outlook for copper? What really drives gold? How do I choose between an ETF and a miner for low-risk metals exposure? Why does the metals sector have such seasonality?) with a concise breakdown of the important points, (2) explains a particular investment opportunity in detail, and (3) goes through the stocks in the Maven Metals portfolio with updated insight and actions
Resource Maven is that expert
- She is a scientist and journalist who has spent the last decade focused exclusively on metals and mining. Through investment experience, site visits around the world, endless self-education about economics and geology, and a strong network of friends and colleagues in the sector, she either knows or can figure out the answer to almost any metals and mining question
- Every investment starts with a broad fundamental argument combining macroeconomics and metal supply-demand fundamentals
- If the fundamentals work, it’s on to specifics. Why this stock versus other options? What are the risks? What are the expectations?
- Gwen invests across the metals sector, from early-stage exploration to big diversified miners. In Maven Metals she explains the lower-risk part of her portfolio. The Maven Letter tracks her higher-risk investments.
- Gwen is independent and objective. She never takes payment of any sort from companies for coverage.